[Geany] Geany as Windoze noob's learning tool

Ma Xiaojun damage3025 at xxxxx
Thu Aug 9 13:41:54 UTC 2012

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 9:28 PM, Oliver Krystal <mr.soup12 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why is it so inconvient to use the @Drive trick?  If you check out the
> windows paths, they're all specified starting with a drive letter.  Linux
> paths start with root . . .
Well, @Drive trick works perfectly if we put Geany and MinGW in a USB
drive and keep their path static. What I want is a folder/archive that
can be used in an arbitrary path of Windoze, i.e., a relocatable
portable app. Such app is much easier for redistribution.

> For this to work, I (or someone else picking up Geany Portable) would have
> to distribute MinGW with Geany Portable.  And I haven't been able to get
> MinGW to work even installed as a regular system application for quite some
> time.
> In my experience compiling something with MinGW on windows rarely ends well,
> if it ends at all!
It sounds like you are unhappy with MinGW. What's the exact problem you met?