[Geany] Wiki?

Russell Dickenson russelldickenson at xxxxx
Wed Mar 16 00:26:02 UTC 2011

On 16 March 2011 09:48, Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 16 March 2011 10:42, Russell Dickenson <russelldickenson at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I don't really mind what markup, but I will note that some are pushing
>>> for Creole to become a standard & IIUC several wikis now support it.
>>
>> I'm guessing that the idea of seeking a wiki which supports ReST was
>> that if the newsletter was produced in ReST markup, it could be
>> cut-and-pasted into the wiki.
>
> Geany's documentation is ReST, and as we discussed early in the
> newsletter discussion, probably better to keep to one tool.
>
> But the wiki is likely to have wider use than those changing Geany
> documentation (hopefully :-) so its markup should be a more widely
> used one.  If it also supports ReST and so allows pasting of
> newsletters, documentation etc then that would be a good point in
> favor of that particular wiki engine.
>
> Cheers
> Lex

Please ignore my previous message. :P I don't know why I mentioned the
newsletter. The proposal for a wiki whose content is able to be edited
by Geany's community members was so that hints, tips, snippets etc
could be shared. I claim that cosmic waves temporarily interfered with
my brain waves.

--
Russell Dickenson