[Geany] Wiki?

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Tue Mar 15 23:48:14 UTC 2011

On 16 March 2011 10:42, Russell Dickenson <russelldickenson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 16 March 2011 09:35, Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Outside of the Geany developers (and/or doc writers), I don't think it would
>>> be as common to users for this purpose.  That being said, MoinMoin seems to
>>> support it out of the box[1], and MediaWiki via an extension[2].
>>>
>>> [1] http://moinmo.in/ReStructuredText
>>> [2] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:RstToHtml
>>
>> I don't really mind what markup, but I will note that some are pushing
>> for Creole to become a standard & IIUC several wikis now support it.
>
> I'm guessing that the idea of seeking a wiki which supports ReST was
> that if the newsletter was produced in ReST markup, it could be
> cut-and-pasted into the wiki.

Geany's documentation is ReST, and as we discussed early in the
newsletter discussion, probably better to keep to one tool.

But the wiki is likely to have wider use than those changing Geany
documentation (hopefully :-) so its markup should be a more widely
used one.  If it also supports ReST and so allows pasting of
newsletters, documentation etc then that would be a good point in
favor of that particular wiki engine.