[Geany] relative paths in project files: is there an option?

Stephan Beal sgbeal at xxxxx
Thu Jun 30 11:38:44 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 1:35 PM, Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Your suggestion only addresses one use-case when the project file *is*
> in the tree, it doesn't address the other one when the programmer
> doesn't control the project and can't put the project file in the
> tree.

You haven't yet shown us a use case which actually does that. There is
almost never, with the rare exception of read-only source trees, a case
where the project file _cannot_ be put in the root of the source tree. If
the source tree is read-only then you can't edit the sources and geany does
the user absolutely no good whatsoever (except as a glorified text browser).

It would be interesting to know if the major IDEs support absolute paths. (i
have no idea, as xemacs doesn't use project files.)

> PS My first programming was 1973 with punched cards, still 10 years
> more :-D  (oooh I feel old...)

LOL! i'm not envious - i'm glad i didn't have to "write the tools with which
to write the tools."

--
----- stephan beal
http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/