[Geany] relative paths in project files: is there an option?

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu Jun 30 11:35:05 UTC 2011

On 30 June 2011 21:22, Stephan Beal <sgbeal at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 12:54 PM, Joerg Desch <jd.vvd at web.de> wrote:
>>
>> OK. I thought, that the base path must be absolute. But to get the
>> expected behavior, I must use . as base path, which seams to work here on
>> linux. The session informations stored in section [files] are still using
>> an absolute path. Is this the point where a project option you've
>> mentioned could help?
>
> My thinking was:
> [project]
> name=....
> base_path=/kunden/....
> ^^^^^ base_path goes awy away completely. It's not needed - base_dir is

As said previously, base path is needed when the project file cannot
be in the working tree.

Your suggestion only addresses one use-case when the project file *is*
in the tree, it doesn't address the other one when the programmer
doesn't control the project and can't put the project file in the
tree.

PS My first programming was 1973 with punched cards, still 10 years
more :-D  (oooh I feel old...)