[Geany] question about geany plugins API...

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Tue Jun 28 21:44:01 UTC 2011

On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 23:38:21 +0200
Stephan Beal <sgbeal at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 11:23 PM, Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de>
> wrote:
>
> > I could imagine a plugin like this could be useful, so +1 from my
> > end if you like to start some. ;)
> >

> Could you recommend a good starting point (code) for a plugin, e.g.
> is there a dummy/skeleton plugin somewhere?
>
> i have absolutely no experience with GTK, and 99.999% of my code the
> past 10 years or so has been library-level with no UI, but the past
> months i've been considering GTK because the UIs i did were Qt and i
> got really sick of having to fix them every time a new .x release for
> qt was released. gtk-based apps, OTOH, seem to "stay runnable" a lot
> longer that qt-based code.

A very start could be http://www.geany.org/manual/reference/howto.html
Also you could browse through Geany's common plugin project repository.
http://git.geany.org/geany-plugins/tree/geany-plugins

Hard to really give you a plugin you should take as an example, as I'm
not 100% knowing your plans how plugin shall be look like ;) (OK, there
is the demoplugin inside Geany's sources inside plugins-folder you
could use as some kind of a dummy)

Cheers,
Frank
--