[Geany] Indentation problems

Krzysztof Żelechowski giecrilj at xxxxx
Sun Jan 30 15:42:35 UTC 2011

Dnia sobota, 29 stycznia 2011 o 17:21:28 Philipp Kalder napisał(a):
> Hello John,
>
> My bad I guess. What I labeled 'usual' style is the default linux behavior
> when selecting text.
> If you are using linux you know what I mean if not, heer some background.
>
> If you select text, it's automatically added to the clipboard. (This and a
> clipboard manager is what eases work on linux a lot).

The result depends on /how/ you select text.

If you select text by dragging the pointer, the text becomes the *PRIMARY* selection.
If you select it by any other programmatic means, both the *PRIMARY* selection and the *CUT* *BUFFER* remain unaffected.
If you execute the *Copy* action by whatever means, you push the text onto the *CUT* *BUFFER* and the *PRIMARY* selection remains unaffected.
The *Clipboard*, on the other hand, is internal and private to the application; it can hold any data in an application-dependent format.

> You can then paste the selected text using the third-(middle-) Button or
> ctrl-v.

The middle button inserts the contents of the *PRIMARY* selection.
The Paste action, however it is invoked, inserts the contents of the current *CUT* *BUFFER*.
These are /not/ synchronised automatically, although you can synchronise them by hand.

HTH,
Chris