[Geany] Indentation problems

Philipp Kalder pkalder at xxxxx
Sat Jan 29 16:21:28 UTC 2011

Hello John,

My bad I guess. What I labeled 'usual' style is the default linux behavior
when selecting text.
If you are using linux you know what I mean if not, heer some background.

If you select text, it's automatically added to the clipboard. (This and a
clipboard manager is what eases work on linux a lot).
You can then paste the selected text using the third-(middle-) Button or
ctrl-v.

While in any other context this auto adding to clipboard behavior of linux
is a great thing, while editing code however it's not.
You want to select parts and paste them some where else. I have a habit of
selecting/pasting identifiers for variables.
Especially if it is a longer on. I do this to avoid typos while reusing
code. I copy the lines of code, change what's needed, then
select the identifier I need to use and then I select the identifier I want
to replace.

Some IDE's and Editors I've come across disable this "auto add to clipboard"
behavior to allow just that.
Geany is one of them, but this stopped working after adding the mentioned
theme.

I hope this explains it.

Phil