[Geany] Cut buffer/clipboard

Thomas Martitz thomas.martitz at xxxxx
Sun Jan 30 16:19:52 UTC 2011

> The middle button inserts the contents of the *PRIMARY* selection.
> The Paste action, however it is invoked, inserts the contents of the current *CUT* *BUFFER*.
> These are /not/ synchronised automatically, although you can synchronise them by hand.

Possibly OT, but speaking of copy&paste. I noticed that the cut buffer
(or clipboard?) is cleared when geany exits, is there any reason for this?

I.e. I can select and copy text and paste it into e.g. gedit as long as
I keep Geany open, but what I copied is lost if I close Geany in the
meantime.

Best regards.