[Geany] How can I change the colour scheme which applies to Geany's configuration files?

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Tue Jan 25 02:50:50 UTC 2011

On 25 January 2011 13:41, Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 25 January 2011 13:29, Russell Dickenson <russelldickenson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am customising a dark colour scheme for Geany and happy with the
>> results so far. I am deliberately using named styles because I want to
>> be able to easily tweak the color scheme without having to change
>> every filetypes.* file.
>>
>> In doing this I am switching between Geany's configuration files and a
>> sample file of the type I'm wanting to style. The sample file looks OK
>> but the colours which apply to Geany's configuration file are a horrid
>> mixture of the default Geany colour scheme and my own, dark theme.
>> Which file(s) do I need to modify to have the dark theme applied to
>> the configuration files?
>
> The simplest way is to look at what type the yucky file is considered
> to be, by looking in document->set filetype->... and see which one is
> selected.
>
> In filetype_extensions.conf look up the type and the first extension
> listed is the extension of the filetypes.* file that is being used.
> (except type None is filetypes.common)

Actually I was mistaken, (I may be mistaken, but I'm never wrong :-)

The filetypes extension is the lower case of the filetype name in
filetype_extensions.conf with the following exceptions:
None = common
C++ = cpp
C# = cs
Make = makefile