[Geany] How can I change the colour scheme which applies to Geany's configuration files?

Russell Dickenson russelldickenson at xxxxx
Tue Jan 25 03:32:56 UTC 2011

On 25 January 2011 12:50, Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 25 January 2011 13:41, Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 25 January 2011 13:29, Russell Dickenson <russelldickenson at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I am customising a dark colour scheme for Geany and happy with the
>>> results so far. I am deliberately using named styles because I want to
>>> be able to easily tweak the color scheme without having to change
>>> every filetypes.* file.
>>>
>>> In doing this I am switching between Geany's configuration files and a
>>> sample file of the type I'm wanting to style. The sample file looks OK
>>> but the colours which apply to Geany's configuration file are a horrid
>>> mixture of the default Geany colour scheme and my own, dark theme.
>>> Which file(s) do I need to modify to have the dark theme applied to
>>> the configuration files?
>>
>> The simplest way is to look at what type the yucky file is considered
>> to be, by looking in document->set filetype->... and see which one is
>> selected.
>>
>> In filetype_extensions.conf look up the type and the first extension
>> listed is the extension of the filetypes.* file that is being used.
>> (except type None is filetypes.common)
>
> Actually I was mistaken, (I may be mistaken, but I'm never wrong :-)
>
> The filetypes extension is the lower case of the filetype name in
> filetype_extensions.conf with the following exceptions:
> None = common
> C++ = cpp
> C# = cs
> Make = makefile
>
> Cheers
> Lex
>

>> Modify as appropriate.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Lex
>>

>>> --
>>> Russell

Lex,

"> Actually I was mistaken, (I may be mistaken, but I'm never wrong
:-)" I am often mistaken, sometimes wrong and occasionally confused.

Thanks for that explanation. I'll work on my colour scheme and report
back here the results of my work.

--
Russell