[Geany] How can I change the colour scheme which applies to Geany's configuration files?

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Tue Jan 25 02:41:19 UTC 2011

On 25 January 2011 13:29, Russell Dickenson <russelldickenson at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am customising a dark colour scheme for Geany and happy with the
> results so far. I am deliberately using named styles because I want to
> be able to easily tweak the color scheme without having to change
> every filetypes.* file.
>
> In doing this I am switching between Geany's configuration files and a
> sample file of the type I'm wanting to style. The sample file looks OK
> but the colours which apply to Geany's configuration file are a horrid
> mixture of the default Geany colour scheme and my own, dark theme.
> Which file(s) do I need to modify to have the dark theme applied to
> the configuration files?

The simplest way is to look at what type the yucky file is considered
to be, by looking in document->set filetype->... and see which one is
selected.

In filetype_extensions.conf look up the type and the first extension
listed is the extension of the filetypes.* file that is being used.
(except type None is filetypes.common)

Modify as appropriate.