[Geany] Nightly built plugins for debian - svn revision numbers not in sync for i386 and amd64

lukshuntim at gmail.com lukshuntim at xxxxx
Mon Jan 24 06:35:57 UTC 2011

On 01/24/2011 01:14 AM, Enrico Tröger wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 22:12:23 +0800, lukshuntim at gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> In the nightly build repository, the latest builds of the plugins for
>> i386 and amd64 come from different svn revisions. As of now, it's
>> svn1859_i386 and svn1864_amd64 respectively. It's also svn1864_all for
>> the architecture neutral geany-plugins and geany-plugins-common. It
>> make apt-get upgrades not possible in i386 systems as apt will pick up
>> the newer version of (geany-plugins and) geany-plugins-common which
>> other plugins depend on. Are there any practical reasons that the i386
>> build should lack behind?
>
> Yes, well, sort of :).
> The server on which the i386 builds are created is an old box next to
> my desk at my home. And it runs only once a day for making the nightly
> builds. It turns on automatically, starts the builds and shutdown when
> it has finished.
> This weekend I wasn't at home and so I pulled the power cord as I don't
> like having computers running in my home when nobody is there.
>
> So, the reason why the i386 builds were not up2date was simply that the
> builds were not run since last Thursday.

Thanks for the explanation.

> I see the problem of the geany-plugins-common version problem. Maybe I
> should set up two independent repositories for the Debian amd64 und
> i386 builds. At least this would be the easiest solution, maybe someone
> knows a better way.

That's good enough already. Don't spend too much time on it. :-) They
are separate in the official debian repositories, as far as I know.

Regards,
ST