[Geany] Nightly built plugins for debian - svn revision numbers not in sync for i386 and amd64

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Jan 23 17:14:03 UTC 2011

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 22:12:23 +0800, lukshuntim at gmail.com wrote:

>Hi,
>
>In the nightly build repository, the latest builds of the plugins for
>i386 and amd64 come from different svn revisions. As of now, it's
>svn1859_i386 and svn1864_amd64 respectively. It's also svn1864_all for
>the architecture neutral geany-plugins and geany-plugins-common. It
>make apt-get upgrades not possible in i386 systems as apt will pick up
>the newer version of (geany-plugins and) geany-plugins-common which
>other plugins depend on. Are there any practical reasons that the i386
>build should lack behind?

Yes, well, sort of :).
The server on which the i386 builds are created is an old box next to
my desk at my home. And it runs only once a day for making the nightly
builds. It turns on automatically, starts the builds and shutdown when
it has finished.
This weekend I wasn't at home and so I pulled the power cord as I don't
like having computers running in my home when nobody is there.

So, the reason why the i386 builds were not up2date was simply that the
builds were not run since last Thursday.

I see the problem of the geany-plugins-common version problem. Maybe I
should set up two independent repositories for the Debian amd64 und
i386 builds. At least this would be the easiest solution, maybe someone
knows a better way.

Thanks for bringing this up, I wasn't aware of the geany-plugins-common
versioning problem.