[Geany] Warnings and Errors in Geany

Vincent P. Ellis vincent at xxxxx
Wed Aug 3 01:47:11 UTC 2011

Hello Lex,

 Thanks for the info. I'm planning to use phpCodeSniffer as a start. It's a command line tool that outputs errors and warnings about coding style after reading the PHP code. It's syntax is something like this phpcs file.php.

 I wanted to create a more easy to use interface for this, maybe a plugin or something, that outputs such checks, once enabled, in the Geany warnings or something. I use the built-in terminal to check my code with phpcodesniffer, phpunit and other tools, but it's quite a pain to change everything once in a while.

 ps.: Can i write a plugin to create more than one built-in terminal screens, with pre-scripted commands? For example, automatically create a built-in terminal window that runs the following command: watch -n 1 php FILE_BEING_EDITED.php (great debugging)

----- Original Message -----
From: Lex Trotman
Sent: 08/02/11 09:26 PM
To: Geany general discussion list
Subject: Re: [Geany] Warnings and Errors in Geany

 On 3 August 2011 06:21, Vincent P. Ellis <vincent at linuxmail.org> wrote: > Is there a plugin, or a built-in feature i missed, where i can have Warnings > and Errors checked for my code in Geany? I'm trying to attach > PHP_CodeSniffer to Geany and output the warnings and errors directly in the > window. > Hi Vincent, Only commands run from the build menu compile or make sections are checked for errors by regex or fallback to HHH (hairy hardcoded heuristics). Detected error lines are marked and the message in the message window is red and is a link to the source line. I'm not a PHP programmer so I don't know what the tool you mention does but if its anything like a compiler or lint program then add it to the filetype section (see the manual). Cheers Lex > Vincent Ellis > C/C++ Technician > vincent at linuxmail.org > El Paso, TX > _______________________________________________ > Geany mailing list > Geany at uvena.de > https://lists.uvena.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/geany > > _______________________________________________ Geany mailing list Geany at uvena.de https://lists.uvena.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/geany

Vincent Ellis
 C/C++ Technician
 vincent at linuxmail.org
 El Paso, TX