[Geany] Warnings and Errors in Geany

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu Aug 4 07:16:24 UTC 2011

On 3 August 2011 11:47, Vincent P. Ellis <vincent at linuxmail.org> wrote:
> Hello Lex,
>
> Thanks for the info. I'm planning to use phpCodeSniffer as a start. It's a
> command line tool that outputs errors and warnings about coding style after
> reading the PHP code. It's syntax is something like this phpcs file.php.
>
> I wanted to create a more easy to use interface for this, maybe a plugin or
> something, that outputs such checks, once enabled, in the Geany warnings or
> something. I use the built-in terminal to check my code with phpcodesniffer,
> phpunit and other tools, but it's quite a pain to change everything once in
> a while.

As I said, the Geany build system has the built in capability to run
commands on the current file and parse the output for error messages.
Whilst you can write your own plugin for the fun of it, maybe it would
be better to try the inbuilt capability first.

> ps.: Can i write a plugin to create more than one built-in terminal screens,
> with pre-scripted commands? For example, automatically create a built-in
> terminal window that runs the following command: watch -n 1 php
> FILE_BEING_EDITED.php (great debugging)

I'm not quite sure what you are wanting to do.