[Geany] Warnings and Errors in Geany

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Wed Aug 3 00:26:51 UTC 2011

On 3 August 2011 06:21, Vincent P. Ellis <vincent at linuxmail.org> wrote:
> Is there a plugin, or a built-in feature i missed, where i can have Warnings
> and Errors checked for my code in Geany? I'm trying to attach
> PHP_CodeSniffer to Geany and output the warnings and errors directly in the
> window.

Hi Vincent,

Only commands run from the build menu compile or make sections are
checked for errors by regex or fallback to HHH (hairy hardcoded
heuristics).  Detected error lines are marked and the message in the
message window is red and is a link to the source line.

I'm not a PHP programmer so I don't know what the tool you mention
does but if its anything like a compiler or lint program then add it
to the filetype section (see the manual).