[Geany] filename template wildcards - Re: Different templates for .c and .h?

Joerg Desch jd.vvd at xxxxx
Tue May 4 05:12:06 UTC 2010

On Mon, 3 May 2010 16:01:11 +0100
Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> > The template wildcard {filename} is replaced with "unnamed.c" (in
> > German "unbenannt.c"). This isn't a good choose, because you have to
> > rename it
>
> If it's found near the start of the file, e.g. 2nd line, then it is
> replaced when the file is first saved. This could be improved.

Could you determine the line range of the "first comment"? I think the
replacement isn't done outside of an comment.

> > afterwards. Wouldn't it be better to open a dialog and ask for the
> > name to use?
>
> Personally I'm not keen on that behaviour, maybe there's a better
> solution.

If the template wildcard is replaced after saving the file, the "Save
file" dialog isn't needed.

But while we talk about opening dialogs. What do you think about template
wildcard which ask for it value? This could be done by appending an
question mark. Something like "{project?}".

> > #ifndef __{basefilename}_H__
>
> If we improve the {filename} issue above then it would be simple to add
> this.

Great!

--
Email: Joerg Desch <jd DOT vvd AT web DOT de>