[Geany] filename template wildcards - Re: Different templates for .c and .h?

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Mon May 3 15:01:11 UTC 2010

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 09:59:49 +0200
Joerg Desch <jd.vvd at web.de> wrote:

> The template wildcard {filename} is replaced with "unnamed.c" (in German
> "unbenannt.c"). This isn't a good choose, because you have to rename it

If it's found near the start of the file, e.g. 2nd line, then it is
replaced when the file is first saved. This could be improved.

> afterwards. Wouldn't it be better to open a dialog and ask for the name
> to use?

Personally I'm not keen on that behaviour, maybe there's a better
solution.

> While we talk about template wildcards. Please add {filebasename}! Below
> is a part of my header template. You can easily see the reason for
> {filebasename}...

> #ifndef __{basefilename}_H__

If we improve the {filename} issue above then it would be simple to add
this.

Regards,
Nick