[Geany] bubbles IDE... good idea for Geany?

Jon Senior jon at xxxxx
Fri Mar 12 12:24:31 UTC 2010

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 13:17:28 +0100
spir <denis.spir at gmail.com> wrote:

> Looks nice and practicle at first sight.
> But I guess this is not (only) a new way for IDEs, rather for GUI in
> general. This may probably suit an IDE once the new way has become
> common in GUIs in general. Otherwise the programmer needs to first
> learn a whole totally different way of working with the computer.
> (This issue is similar for me to the one faced when starting with eg
> emacs, while maybe not that big.)

It also requires intelligent parsing by the IDE. geany was always (from
memory) supposed to be a relatively simple IDE. More of an editor than
a full-blown IDE. I can imagine situations where the proposed interface
would be very handy, but equally I can imagine ones where it is hugely
irritating.

One to watch methinks.

Jon