[Geany] Bluefish 2 / Inspiration for HTML-Plugin for Geany

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Sun Feb 21 20:12:24 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 14:50:20 +0100
Dominic Hopf <dmaphy at googlemail.com> wrote:

> From my personal point of view, there are many many issues on
> Bluefish I don't like, but some HTML and PHP features are quiet cool,
> e.g. the charmap on the sidebar,

This could be added to htmlchars plugin. The amount of needed cooding
work should be not this high. But somebody needs to do it ;)

> HTML tag completion and the function
> name completion for PHP.
>
> I can imagine there could be a "web developer plugin" for Geany which
> supports similar features, but unfortunately don't have the time to
> implement such myself.

In general I like the idea of a webdeveloper plugin. But I'm afraid
this will become a monster plugin in size as there is
PHP/Python/Ruby/Perl/XHTML/HTML/XML out there. Maybe a collection of
different small plugins and/or a some kind of documentation would make
more sense. Something like LFS I'm thinking about at the moment.

Cheers,
Frank
--
http://frank.uvena.de/en/