[Geany] Bluefish 2 / Inspiration for HTML-Plugin for Geany

Dominic Hopf dmaphy at xxxxx
Sat Feb 20 13:50:20 UTC 2010

Hi all,
since there were some discussions on HTML plugins last year, I'd like to
let you know of Bluefish 2 which got released 5 days ago. Bluefish is an
editor developed as a tool for web developers, so even if it supports
other languages it is a non-competing product for Geany.

From my personal point of view, there are many many issues on Bluefish I
don't like, but some HTML and PHP features are quiet cool, e.g. the
charmap on the sidebar, HTML tag completion and the function name
completion for PHP.

I can imagine there could be a "web developer plugin" for Geany which
supports similar features, but unfortunately don't have the time to
implement such myself. Maybe someone of you wants to have a look at
Bluefish 2 on [1] and/or the video at [2] and get's motivated and
inspired to implement a web developer plugin for Geany. Any ideas or
issues could be discussed here or on the geany-devel mailing list.

Best Regards,
Dominic

[1] http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/
[2] http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/screenshots.html

--
Dominic Hopf <dmaphy at googlemail.com>

http://dominichopf.de/

Key Fingerprint:
A7DF C4FC 07AE 4DDC 5CA0 BD93 AAB0 6019 CA7D 868D