[Geany] Very slow file saving over SSH

Jake Subs subs at xxxxx
Thu Aug 5 10:51:11 UTC 2010

I'm using Geany 0.18 on Ubuntu 10.04, and accessing files via the
built-in SSH browser in GNOME.

Problem is, saving files is *really slow*. Like, about 5 seconds. And
they're weany files too (bit of HTML & CSS).

I've set the `Disk Check Timeout` to 0 but with no perceivable
benefit. It's funny, because this behaviour only seems to apply to
Linux servers (I have an account with Dreamhost) and not with a couple
of Windows servers that I've had access to (running IIS I do believe).

It's even funnier because gedit is super-speedy in saving the same files.

Any ideas?

mtia, Jake