[Geany] select entire function in Symbols sidebar

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Fri Aug 13 15:42:55 UTC 2010

On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 21:59:29 +0200
Colomban Wendling <lists.ban at herbesfolles.org> wrote:

> > I've been using the R parser that generates a list of functions in the
> > current document and displays them in Symbols sidebar. Is it possible
> > to configure Geany (via an action, c-menu item or similar) to select a
> > given R function (listed in Symbols), preparing it for instant
> > re-definition (using ctrl+r, here)? I am not sure how symbols/parsers
> > work, so would this depend on the R parser or on the Geany interface?
> >
> AFAIK the tag parser (which is the source of the symbols) don't store
> the end position of a tag, no matter which language is used.

True, but if the syntax highlighting supports folding and the
function's first line is a fold point, then Scintilla knows the line
with the end point of the fold.

So perhaps adding a 'Select current fold range' keybinding would work
(that looks at the current line then steps backwards until it finds an
opening fold point).

Regards,
Nick