[Geany] Editor Theme - Vibrant Ink

Jason Willson jason.willson at xxxxx
Mon Nov 30 23:43:20 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-11-29 at 21:18 +0100, Enrico Tröger wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 19:09:37 -0500, Jason wrote:
>
> >On Sat, 2009-11-28 at 12:47 +0100, Enrico Tröger wrote:
> >> On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 02:34:58 -0500, Jason Willson
> >> <jason.willson at gmail.com>

> >> Cool.
> >>
> >> Just a few questions / ideas:
> >>
> >> - include a README in the tarball/zip archive to give some general
> >> information about the contents
> >> - add a screenshot on the project page to easily show the potential
> >> users how it looks like
> >> - are you sure the MIT license is applicable, you stated you ported
> >> it from Notepad++'s theme which is based on Textmate's one. There
> >> might be problems because Textmate is non-free AFAIK and Notepad++
> >> is probably licenced as GPLv2 (didn't check it). Though this doesn't
> >> necessarily mean the themes are licenced as well under these
> >> licences. Just check it.
> >>
> >> Once the licence issue is solved, I'll add it to the
> >> http://www.geany.org/Download/Extras page.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Enrico
> >>
> >> P.S.: Please don't hi-jack other threads.
> >
> >Excellent advice.
> >
> >License Issue:
> >I've emailed the author of the original Vibrant Ink theme for Textmate
> >and asked him for advice regarding the licensing of his theme as well
> >as the author of the port to Notepad++. I've temporarily licensed it
> >under the Artistic License/GPL because that seems the most compatible
> >with the GNU Free License that the port is licensed under.
>
> Ok.
I've included two wiki pages which cite the email conversations I had
with the original author and the author who ported to Notepad++:

http://code.google.com/p/geany-vibrant-ink-theme/wiki/tm_theme_permission
http://code.google.com/p/geany-vibrant-ink-theme/wiki/npp_port_permission

> >Screenshot:
> >I've added a screenshot to the Project Home page.
>
> I added it to http://www.geany.org/Download/Extras. Though the image is
> a bit big for the site. We could resize it using Wiki markup but then
> the alignment breaks (limitation in the Wiki markup). So it'd be nice
> if you could alternatively provide a smaller image, maybe scaled to
> 200px or 250px in width, so I could use that one for the page. If you
> can't or don't want to, just say so, then I put a smaller version on
> geany.org but I think it'd be nicer to use "your" image, so if you
> update it, you don't need me.

I've added a scaled-down version:
http://geany-vibrant-ink-theme.googlecode.com/files/vibrant_ink_screenshot_scaled.png

> >Readme:
> >I'll work on that and have that included in the tarball soon.
>
> Cool.

Done.