[Geany] Editor Theme - Vibrant Ink

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Nov 29 20:18:18 UTC 2009

On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 19:09:37 -0500, Jason wrote:

>On Sat, 2009-11-28 at 12:47 +0100, Enrico Tröger wrote:
>> On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 02:34:58 -0500, Jason Willson
>> <jason.willson at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I have packaged a port of Notepad++'s port of Textmate's Vibrant
>> > Ink theme. I've posted it at Google Code:
>> >
>> > http://code.google.com/p/geany-vibrant-ink-theme/
>>
>> Cool.
>>
>> Just a few questions / ideas:
>>
>> - include a README in the tarball/zip archive to give some general
>> information about the contents
>> - add a screenshot on the project page to easily show the potential
>> users how it looks like
>> - are you sure the MIT license is applicable, you stated you ported
>> it from Notepad++'s theme which is based on Textmate's one. There
>> might be problems because Textmate is non-free AFAIK and Notepad++
>> is probably licenced as GPLv2 (didn't check it). Though this doesn't
>> necessarily mean the themes are licenced as well under these
>> licences. Just check it.
>>
>> Once the licence issue is solved, I'll add it to the
>> http://www.geany.org/Download/Extras page.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Enrico
>>
>> P.S.: Please don't hi-jack other threads.
>
>Excellent advice.
>
>License Issue:
>I've emailed the author of the original Vibrant Ink theme for Textmate
>and asked him for advice regarding the licensing of his theme as well
>as the author of the port to Notepad++. I've temporarily licensed it
>under the Artistic License/GPL because that seems the most compatible
>with the GNU Free License that the port is licensed under.

Ok.

>Screenshot:
>I've added a screenshot to the Project Home page.

I added it to http://www.geany.org/Download/Extras. Though the image is
a bit big for the site. We could resize it using Wiki markup but then
the alignment breaks (limitation in the Wiki markup). So it'd be nice
if you could alternatively provide a smaller image, maybe scaled to
200px or 250px in width, so I could use that one for the page. If you
can't or don't want to, just say so, then I put a smaller version on
geany.org but I think it'd be nicer to use "your" image, so if you
update it, you don't need me.

>Readme:
>I'll work on that and have that included in the tarball soon.

Cool.

>Thanks again Enrico. I apologize for hi-jacking another thread - I'm
>new to mailing lists, so I don't exactly have the etiquette yet. I'll

Don't worry, just don't do it again :).