[Geany] Send selection&newline to terminal

spir denis.spir at xxxxx
Sun Nov 29 09:11:34 UTC 2009

Liviu Andronic <landronimirc at gmail.com> dixit:

> I understand the reasons for keeping the conservative approach default
> (the "rm -rf ~" example). However it makes the feature virtually
> useless in more specific cases (such as evaluating R code). As is, to
> evaluate the second line of the following dummy R paragraph
> "2+2
> 3+3
> 4+4
>
> "
>
> I would need to:
> - select "3+3"
> - send selection to terminal
> - with the mouse focus the terminal
> - hit enter
> - with the mouse hit on the correct part of the document to return editing.
>
> To execute the last line is much easier:
> - select "4+4" and the following "" empty line
> - send selection to terminal.

If this works, why don't you write the to-be-evaluated code with blank lines from start:

"2+2

3+3

4+4

"
Or write it with simple line separators, then search&replace "\n" --> "\n\n" (with "use escape sequences" checked).

> Here the code gets evaluated quickly and I can resume editing
> immediately. Being unable to easily execute R code is one of the main
> reasons I cannot use Geany for my R projects.

la vita e estrany

http://spir.wikidot.com/