[Geany] Problem in Windows version of Geany

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Mar 24 18:57:05 UTC 2009

On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 10:56:08 +0100, Enrico wrote:

>>Bug update:
>>
>>The bugzilla item has been closed, the problem should be solved, I
>>suppose, with the next release of GTK. Text below.
>
>Great. So let's wait for GTK 2.16 which should be released sometime in
>the next weeks (around the next Gnome release, I guess).
>
>Bob, thanks for help and support on this issue. Not only Geany but also
>any other GTK apps will benefit from this!

Just for the records:

GTK 2.16 has been released about two weeks ago (on the same day as I
wrote the above reply :) and I just tested the Windows binaries and it
works. Now, GTK does move the text when dragging instead of copying.

For convenience, I packed a ZIP archive with all necessary files to be
simply unrolled into an existing Geany installation:

http://uvena.de/tmp/gtk_216_win32_for_geany.zip