[Geany] Problem in Windows version of Geany

Bob Snyder bob.snyder at xxxxx
Wed Mar 25 02:42:16 UTC 2009

Enrico Tröger wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 10:56:08 +0100, Enrico wrote:
>

>>> Bug update:
>>>
>>> The bugzilla item has been closed, the problem should be solved, I
>>> suppose, with the next release of GTK. Text below.
>>>
>> Great. So let's wait for GTK 2.16 which should be released sometime in
>> the next weeks (around the next Gnome release, I guess).
>>
>> Bob, thanks for help and support on this issue. Not only Geany but also
>> any other GTK apps will benefit from this!
>>

> Just for the records:
>
> GTK 2.16 has been released about two weeks ago (on the same day as I
> wrote the above reply :) and I just tested the Windows binaries and it
> works. Now, GTK does move the text when dragging instead of copying.
>
> For convenience, I packed a ZIP archive with all necessary files to be
> simply unrolled into an existing Geany installation:
>
> http://uvena.de/tmp/gtk_216_win32_for_geany.zip

Great! I tried it and it does exactly what I would expect, and what it
does under Linux. One can still get the copy operation by holding down
the Ctrl key after starting the drag operation.

Many thanks for going the extra mile and creating the zip file, Enrico.

Bob S.