[Geany] Feature request: Better suggestions

Jonas Haag jonas at xxxxx
Mon Jun 29 20:45:30 UTC 2009

Am 29.06.2009 22:33, schrieb Filip Gruszczyński:
> I'll take a look, but since I know neither gtk, nor scintilla, I doubt
> if this is very fruitful.
You don't have to know scintilla or gtk, all you have to do is extending
the python tag creation script so that it puts out function parameters
additionally to their names.

You could use the `inspect` module for this. Alternatively, you could
refer to bpython's source[1].

But another thing: There are many functions from different modules with
the same name. Unfortunately Geany can't manage object orientation or
namespaces (regarding that autocompletion feature). Typing "foobar"
(trying to access "mysuperclass.foobar()") I get suggestions to use some
"foobar()" function that has nothing to do with the foobar method I
tried to access.  I think this should be improved :)

Regards,
Jonas

[1] http://www.bpython-interpreter.org/