[Geany] Feature request: Better suggestions

Filip Gruszczyński gruszczy at xxxxx
Mon Jun 29 20:33:46 UTC 2009

> we are talking about the standard Python functions, not those you have
> defined in your open files, right?

Those defined in the open files. You must read those files and create
tags already, so it should be pretty simple to change them into the
whole signature (possibly as a pref). This would be cool, because if
you use good arg naming, you know, what you have to pass. And that
_really_ improves productivity.

> If the above is true, have a look at scripts/create_py_tags.py in the
> Geany source directory. This script is used to generate the python tags
> file of the standard functions. And this surely can be improved heavily
> and since you know Python, it maybe isn't too hard.
> Any improvements are welcome.

I'll take a look, but since I know neither gtk, nor scintilla, I doubt
if this is very fruitful.

--
Filip Gruszczyński