[Geany] Geany Custom GDB

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Mon Jun 15 17:53:10 UTC 2009

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 19:43:15 +0200, Dominic wrote:

>Am Sonntag, den 14.06.2009, 10:15 +0200 schrieb Barbieri Alessandro:
>> Hallo friends,

Hey Barbieri,

first of all, this is a mailing list, so please subscribe to get
further responses otherwise we would have to add you to the CC on each
response which is a bit annoying. After you have subscribed, you
automatically receive responses. Don't worry, this list is rather
low-traffic.

>> Is it possible to have a function like: input dialog (like you can
>> find in MFC under Microsoft visual studio) to get a string form the
>> user?? So I could get [ip:port]for running debug from remote.

Sure, see the attached sample code.
dialogs_show_input_string() is based on Geany's
dialogs_show_input_numeric() which is already part of the plugin API.
We could also add dialogs_show_input_string() to the plugin API if
desired. But for now, you can just copy it into the geanygdb sources
and use it, the main function in the attached file shows how to use
this function. But the file itself won't compile, be sure to use this
code from the geanygdb plugin.

If you have further questions about this, just ask.