[Geany] Geany Custom GDB

Dominic Hopf dmaphy at xxxxx
Mon Jun 15 17:43:15 UTC 2009

Am Sonntag, den 14.06.2009, 10:15 +0200 schrieb Barbieri Alessandro:
> Hallo friends,
> I'm using geany with GDB plug in for remote debugging on embedded Linux.
>
> I have modify the plugin in this way:
>
> 1) I have change gdb with cris-gdb directly in the code (and maybe it
> should be not so bad to move this option in the preference)
> static gchar *gdbio_args[] = { "cris-gdb", "--interpreter=mi", "-nx",
> NULL };
>
> 2) I have change the command run command to 'target remote [ip:port] '
> from '-exec-run'
> process_token = gdbio_send_seq_cmd(gdbio_target_started, "target remote
> 192.168.0.90:1234\n");
>
> And so... I have found a "work around" quick and dirty to adapt the
> plugin for my use.
Hey Barbieri :)
Nice to read you solved that issue, even if it is a quick'n'dirty
solution. :)

> But... I have a question for who know better then me gtk:
>
> Is it possible to have a function like: input dialog (like you can find
> in MFC under Microsoft visual studio) to get a string form the user??
> So I could get [ip:port]for running debug from remote.
I unfortunately don't know GTK that good yet, but maybe someone on the
list here does know more. :)

Regards,
Dominic

--
Dominic Hopf <dmaphy at gmail.com>

http://dominichopf.de/

Key Fingerprint:
A7DF C4FC 07AE 4DDC 5CA0 BD93 AAB0 6019 CA7D 868D