[Geany] PHP parser - Re: Symbol Completion

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Fri Jul 17 13:15:37 UTC 2009

On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 17:18:09 +0200
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> The best thing would be if someone would rewrite the PHP parser to not
> use regular expressions and instead do full parsing of PHP code, that
> would solve a whole bunch of problems. But as usual, it needs someone
> to do it.

Agreed; info for anyone interested - the PHP parser used to be
non-regex based, but was changed 'to support PHP 5 syntax':
http://ctags.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ctags?view=rev&revision=487

BTW there's a 'fix' in ctags r729 for parsing tags from comments:
http://ctags.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ctags/trunk/php.c?view=log

But not being a PHP user myself, I can't say if it's OK to apply for us.

Regards,
Nick