[Geany] Symbol Completion

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Jul 16 15:18:09 UTC 2009

On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 17:09:48 +0200, Harold wrote:

>2009/7/16 Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>:
>>>anyhow, my point:  Zend uses a php doc standard of using @param to
>>>identify paramters and then tooltips them as you complete a function
>>>name within you application. geany does this for language built-ins
>>>but I was curious if there is documentation on how to make this
>>>happen for javascript-language functions that are user functions... ?
>>
>> not really sure what you mean with "user functions". Are you talking
>> about embedded Javascript in HTML/PHP files?
>
>I believe he means 'user created functions'. Geany only auto-completes
>predefined functions, not 'user created' ones...
>
>+1 for this request!

This isn't supported by the PHP parser. At least I don't think it's
easily possible to add support for this.

The best thing would be if someone would rewrite the PHP parser to not
use regular expressions and instead do full parsing of PHP code, that
would solve a whole bunch of problems. But as usual, it needs someone
to do it.