[Geany] PHP parser - Re: Symbol Completion

Ben West mrgenixus at xxxxx
Fri Jul 17 15:41:14 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 7:15 AM, Nick Treleaven <
nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 17:18:09 +0200
> Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>
> > The best thing would be if someone would rewrite the PHP parser to not
> > use regular expressions and instead do full parsing of PHP code, that
> > would solve a whole bunch of problems. But as usual, it needs someone
> > to do it.
>
> Agreed; info for anyone interested - the PHP parser used to be
> non-regex based, but was changed 'to support PHP 5 syntax':
> http://ctags.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ctags?view=rev&revision=487
>
> BTW there's a 'fix' in ctags r729 for parsing tags from comments:
> http://ctags.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ctags/trunk/php.c?view=log
>
> But not being a PHP user myself, I can't say if it's OK to apply for us.
>
> Regards,
> Nick

Sorry -- I don't understand what this means to me?  and does the same thing
apply to Javascript?  that's really the language I'm hoping to add the
feature for..

--
/ˈmɪstər/ /ˈdʒɛnəsɪs/@/dʒi/ /meɪl/ /dɒt/ /kɒm/
Benjamin West