[Geany] version numbers - Re: Quo vadis, Geany?

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Wed Jul 15 21:29:51 UTC 2009

On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 16:45:27 +0100
Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 11:00:47 +1000
> Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Haha!
>
> > For why should it be increasing? Perhaps Geany could start a trend
> > of decreasing version numbers starting from version 2^32 and when
> > it reaches zero that would indeed be a milestone ;-)
>
> Then continue with negative numbers ;-)
>
> Personally I'm not updating Firefox again 'til they release 3.5 +
> 1.1i.

Why not in a form like this?
r * e^(i*phi)

> > 0.17 does look low.  So the
> > only reason to go to 1.0 would be to enhance your marketing in
> > support of world domination!!
>
> Agreed, it's worth it for the marketing benefits.

I doubt that there is really a benefit for marketing. At least inside
the group of users Geany is addressing.

Cheers,
Frank
--