[Geany] version numbers - Re: Quo vadis, Geany?

Ben West mrgenixus at xxxxx
Wed Jul 15 23:11:55 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 3:29 PM, Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de> wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 16:45:27 +0100
> Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 11:00:47 +1000

> > Haha!
> >
> > > For why should it be increasing? Perhaps Geany could start a trend
> > > of decreasing version numbers starting from version 2^32 and when
> > > it reaches zero that would indeed be a milestone ;-)
> >
> > Then continue with negative numbers ;-)
> >
> > Personally I'm not updating Firefox again 'til they release 3.5 +
> > 1.1i.
>
> Why not in a form like this?
> r * e^(i*phi)
>
> > > 0.17 does look low.  So the
> > > only reason to go to 1.0 would be to enhance your marketing in
> > > support of world domination!!
> >
> > Agreed, it's worth it for the marketing benefits.
>
> I doubt that there is really a benefit for marketing. At least inside
> the group of users Geany is addressing.
>
> Cheers,
> Frank
> --
> http://frank.uvena.de/en/

> I find your conclusion jarring. I think you're relying on an underlying
flawed belief in the deterministic nature of market, which, I submit, though
biased to be completely unproven -- perhaps the market is bigger than
currently probed, but how will you know without marketing?

--
/ˈmɪstər/ /ˈdʒɛnəsɪs/@/dʒi/ /meɪl/ /dɒt/ /kɒm/
Benjamin West