[Geany] version numbers - Re: Quo vadis, Geany?

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Wed Jul 15 15:45:27 UTC 2009

On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 11:00:47 +1000
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/7/15 Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>

> > >No, don't! :P

Haha!

> For why should it be increasing? Perhaps Geany could start a trend of
> decreasing version numbers starting from version 2^32 and when it reaches
> zero that would indeed be a milestone ;-)

Then continue with negative numbers ;-)

Personally I'm not updating Firefox again 'til they release 3.5 + 1.1i.

> 0.17 does look low.  So the
> only reason to go to 1.0 would be to enhance your marketing in support of
> world domination!!

Agreed, it's worth it for the marketing benefits.

Regards,
Nick