[Geany] UI rebuild in xfwm, project status in sessions, tag file append, compile error possitioning

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat Jul 4 10:08:10 UTC 2009

On Thu, 02 Jul 2009 18:59:39 +0200, Bo wrote:

Hey,

> * When using virtual windows in xfwm4, Geany seems to take some time
>(also processor wise) to rebuild the UI whenever i select the window

please be more descriptive. What parts of the UI are you referring to?
What are virtual windows? I'm also using xfwm4 but never heard of such
a thing.

>* Sessions in xfce (and others desctops) are a very nice thing, and
>geany remembers a lot of good stuff, like saving open files, and what
>virtual window I was in last time (and the size and pos) at the
>project I was working on. But it does not save my last project layout.
>The only way of doing that (afaic) is to close geany via the menu, and
>reopen it again, then the project status is stored as expected. It
>would be nice if project status always got saved, or am I missing
>something ?

I guess you mean that you want Geany to save its state (window
position & size, last open project, ...) when you quit your Xfce
session while Geany is still open?
If so, I would also like to have this feature. But as far as I know to
get this working we need to use libsm (part of Xorg AFAIK) to handle
session management properly. This would cause another new
dependency which isn't really nice. So, if this would be added, it
needs to be fully optional, also because we don't have this on Windows.
Maybe it could be even done as a plugin, that would be cool.

>* when working with tags, it would be nice to be able to append info
>to a tag file, and not just make it in one big run. That way I could
>use it in a nested make structure.

No idea what you mean, sorry.

>* I'm I the only one having problems with error file location in
>complex file structures ?

Again, be more descriptive please. What does "error file location in
complex file structures" mean?