[Geany] UI rebuild in xfwm, project status in sessions, tag file append, compile error possitioning

Bo Lorentsen bl at xxxxx
Thu Jul 2 16:59:39 UTC 2009

Hi ...

I am a very happy Geany and Xfce user, and this is in fact my main dev.
platform both at work and at home.

But as always, there are some minor details that annoy me, a bit.

 * When using virtual windows in xfwm4, Geany seems to take some time
(also processor wise) to rebuild the UI whenever i select the window
Geany are in. This destroy the felling of a snappy IDE, and I like to
know if anyone have looked into this problem. (yes I have a lot of files
open :-))

* Sessions in xfce (and others desctops) are a very nice thing, and
geany remembers a lot of good stuff, like saving open files, and what
virtual window I was in last time (and the size and pos) at the project
I was working on. But it does not save my last project layout. The only
way of doing that (afaic) is to close geany via the menu, and reopen it
again, then the project status is stored as expected. It would be nice
if project status always got saved, or am I missing something ?

* when working with tags, it would be nice to be able to append info to
a tag file, and not just make it in one big run. That way I could use it
in a nested make structure.

* I'm I the only one having problems with error file location in complex
file structures ?

I hope it don't seem like too much criticism, but I just like to know if
anyone else have notices these things and if someone have plans to do
something about it :-)

Regards ...

/BL