[Geany] Execute Questions

Jordan jordiparg at xxxxx
Wed Jul 1 21:15:55 UTC 2009

Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at ...> writes:

> The working directory is changed to those of the executed file. No idea
> about the above error, it most probably means you have entered an
> invalid Run command but since you didn't reveal it, I just can guess.

With your advice, I found the problem.  The CLA must go outside the quotations
under Build->Set Arguments and Includes in the "Execute:" box:

So, I had to type:  RUN_TIME_VARIABLES=VALUES "./exe_file" input_file
                (or RUN_TIME_VARIABLES=VALUES "./%e" input_file)

That did the trick.  Not sure why, though... the quotations must indicate
something to be handled separately when added to geany_run_script.sh... perhaps
the presence of a space causes an error?

Thanks for the help.  Excellent software -- exactly what I've been looking for.

-Jordan