[Geany] New Windows build

Ross McKay rosko at xxxxx
Wed Jan 21 21:41:22 UTC 2009

Enrico Tröger wrote:

>Currently I'm running the OSE version of VirtulBox which is pretty
>cool. Normal working with the guest OS is also pretty fast (compared to
>older versions). It's just compiling Geany completely which is a bit
>annoying because it's just noticeably slower (this is ok, it's an
>emulated system) and I don't have ccache on Windows :). However, maybe
>I find some Windows binaries somewhere, hehe.
>[...]
>[1] AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+

I'm running on AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-55 at 1.8GHz
on a laptop. I/O intensive stuff is slower, probably mostly because I'm
using the qcow2 format; using raw format files or a dedicated partition
is faster. Something similar might benefit your VirtualBox config if you
haven't looked at that aspect.

I think KVM is worth checking out again, it has had some improvements.
Conversely, it's probably time I checked out VirtualBox, I haven't
looked at it since just before Sun bought them out.

cheers,
Ross.
--
Ross McKay, Toronto, NSW Australia
"Let the laddie play wi the knife - he'll learn"