[Geany] New Windows build

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Jan 21 14:18:05 UTC 2009

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 09:07:03 +1100, Ross McKay <rosko at zeta.org.au>
wrote:

>Enrico Tröger wrote:
>
>>Yup, for some reasons the plugins didn't get recompiled correctly. No
>>idea what was wrong. I should maybe run 'make clean' more often but
>>compiling everything again and again in an emulated Windows system
>>isn't much fun :(.
>
>OT, but: that implies you're running something like QEMU. Have you

Currently I'm running the OSE version of VirtulBox which is pretty
cool. Normal working with the guest OS is also pretty fast (compared to
older versions). It's just compiling Geany completely which is a bit
annoying because it's just noticeably slower (this is ok, it's an
emulated system) and I don't have ccache on Windows :). However, maybe
I find some Windows binaries somewhere, hehe.

>looked at KVM or does your processor preclude that? I'm running KVM
>here with practically native speed.

I had a look at KVM some time ago (IIRC in April or May '08) and it was
slower than VirtualBox, so I sticked to VBox.
My CPU[1] supports the KVM features only partly. I don't remember the
details right now but my CPU 'only' has the 'svm' extension. But the
features for effective memory handling and another thing are missing.
Maybe I'll give it another try soon and check what has changed.

[1] AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+