[Geany] Question on installing LUA plugin for geany

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Fri Jan 9 18:44:18 UTC 2009

On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 16:52:57 -0800, Skottish <skottish97215 at gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi,

>There are a few problems with building geanylua right now. One is that
>I had to add '#define GETTEXT_PACKAGE "geany"'
>to /usr/include/geany/support.h. And as pointed out, it's installing

This is wrong and possibly breaks other plugins. Additionally, this
shouldn't be necessary since SVN r3440. Please try to use the latest
SVN version.

>in the legacy ~/.geany on Linux.

Yup.
It just needs to be fixed but currently the Lua plugin doesn't have a
maintainer and so nobody really is responsible to change it.
See http://lists.uvena.de/pipermail/geany/2009-January/003915.html.

>There's something else I'd like to request about geanylua. Trying to
>write a package for it is turning out to be a mess. I'm writing a
>PKGBUILD for the Arch Linux User Repository, and geanylua doesn't
>install like other programs. Basically it's breaking out of fakeroot
>and trying to install directly into the file system. If possible,
>could someone look into having this code compile like other programs
>so it can be generically packaged? All other plug-ins in current
>subversion build fine.

See above, without a maintainer such changes are unlikely.

>By the way, is this a good place to file bug reports and enhancement
>requests?

Yes, for bug reports the bugtracker is even better:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=153444&atid=787791
but it doesn't matter that much.