[Geany] Question on installing LUA plugin for geany

Skottish skottish97215 at xxxxx
Fri Jan 9 00:52:57 UTC 2009

***I pasted the converstion***

>On Sun, 4 Jan 2009 22:03:47 +0000 (GMT), "Radde, Kai-Uwe"
><kaiuweradde at yahoo.de> wrote:

>Hi,

>>checking for LUA... configure: error: Package requirements (lua5.1 >=
>>5.1.2) were not met:
>>
>>No package 'lua5.1' found
>> [...]
>>I installed the package lua5.1 via synaptic (installs version 5.1.3-1
>
>You also need to install the development files. On Debian, the package
>is called 'liblua5.1-0-dev', I guess it's named similar on Ubuntu.
>After installing this package, configure should work but you probably
>run into compilation errors because the downloaded tarball is only for
>Geany 0.14 and so won't work with Geany 0.15.
>
>To work around this, you can download the SVN version of the code which
>could/should work with Geany 0.15 (not sure right now).
>To do so, run (you need the subversion package for this):
>svn checkout -r177
>https://geany-plugins.svn.sf.net/svnroot/geany-plugins/trunk/geanylua
>
>Then run ./configure && make && make install
>again.
>
>Sorry for all the inconvience.
>We'll try to make this easier in the future.
>
>Regards,
>Enrico

First off, thanks for the excellent program.

There are a few problems with building geanylua right now. One is that I had
to add '#define GETTEXT_PACKAGE "geany"' to /usr/include/geany/support.h.
And as pointed out, it's installing in the legacy ~/.geany on Linux.

There's something else I'd like to request about geanylua. Trying to write a
package for it is turning out to be a mess. I'm writing a PKGBUILD for the
Arch Linux User Repository, and geanylua doesn't install like other
programs. Basically it's breaking out of fakeroot and trying to install
directly into the file system. If possible, could someone look into having
this code compile like other programs so it can be generically packaged? All
other plug-ins in current subversion build fine.

By the way, is this a good place to file bug reports and enhancement
requests?