[Geany] Question on installing LUA plugin for geany

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Jan 4 23:59:07 UTC 2009

On Sun, 4 Jan 2009 22:03:47 +0000 (GMT), "Radde, Kai-Uwe"
<kaiuweradde at yahoo.de> wrote:

Hi,

>checking for LUA... configure: error: Package requirements (lua5.1 >=
>5.1.2) were not met:
>
>No package 'lua5.1' found
> [...]
>I installed the package lua5.1 via synaptic (installs version 5.1.3-1

You also need to install the development files. On Debian, the package
is called 'liblua5.1-0-dev', I guess it's named similar on Ubuntu.
After installing this package, configure should work but you probably
run into compilation errors because the downloaded tarball is only for
Geany 0.14 and so won't work with Geany 0.15.

To work around this, you can download the SVN version of the code which
could/should work with Geany 0.15 (not sure right now).
To do so, run (you need the subversion package for this):
svn checkout -r177
https://geany-plugins.svn.sf.net/svnroot/geany-plugins/trunk/geanylua

Then run ./configure && make && make install
again.

Sorry for all the inconvience.
We'll try to make this easier in the future.