[Geany] Location of plugins

LUK ShunTim shuntim.luk at xxxxx
Wed Feb 25 05:49:04 UTC 2009

Thomas Martitz wrote:
> Enrico Tröger schrieb:
>> Hm, when setting an extra path for plugins to look up I really think
>> this should go in the preferences dialogif we want to be in the GUI at
>> all. At least it shouldn't be in the plugin manager dialog, IMO.
>
> I think the plugin manager is the most logical place to configure a
> plugin directory.

I also think so.  But when I look at the "Preferences" dialog again, I
can also see Enrico's point that it's a really something about
configuring geany and therefore neater to group them together. Maybe
plugin manager itself can be moved there as well. Probably too drastic a
change. :-)

Not really a big difference I think. If Enrico's idea is implemented,
something like "Directories where plugins are searched are set under the
Edit|Preferences|Plugins menu item" added to the notice in the plugin
manager window will be helpful.

Regards,
ST