[Geany] Location of plugins

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Feb 25 17:19:56 UTC 2009

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 13:49:04 +0800, LUK ShunTim
<shuntim.luk at polyu.edu.hk> wrote:

>Thomas Martitz wrote:
>> Enrico Tröger schrieb:
>>> Hm, when setting an extra path for plugins to look up I really think
>>> this should go in the preferences dialogif we want to be in the GUI
>>> at all. At least it shouldn't be in the plugin manager dialog, IMO.
>>
>> I think the plugin manager is the most logical place to configure a
>> plugin directory.
>
>I also think so.  But when I look at the "Preferences" dialog again, I

It just would make it more bloat especially since setting an additional
path for plugin lookup is something most users won't do at all and even
if they probably do it only once, therefore I'm pleading for the prefs
dialog.

>plugin manager itself can be moved there as well. Probably too drastic
>a change. :-)

Please not.

>Not really a big difference I think. If Enrico's idea is implemented,
>something like "Directories where plugins are searched are set under
>the
>Edit|Preferences|Plugins menu item" added to the notice in the plugin
>manager window will be helpful.

Maybe. However I'd say this should go into the documentation not the
plguin manager dialog itself. Though I don't have a strong opinion on
that.