[Geany] Feature request: combo box with classes/methods

Filip Gruszczyński gruszczy at xxxxx
Wed Feb 18 20:16:32 UTC 2009

> Do you mean something like in the attached screenshot?
> This is from Geany 0.3 where we had a combo box in the toolbar
> containing all the symbols which are also in the symbol list sidebar
> are shown.
> I don't remember the details but it caused to many troubles in the
> toolbar so we or I removed it.
> But since the whole corresponding has changed a lot since this time
> (this was more than 3 years ago, IIRC), maybe it's worth to give it
> another try. Maybe not in the toolbar but instead somewhere else.
> Ideas?

Three years ago I was only programming in mcedit ;-)

I don't think all symbols are such a good idea. The best would be, if
user could define, what he want to have displayed (classes, methods,
globals, etc.) and display only those elements.

I have no idea, where else it could be put. Toolbar seems a natural place.

--
Filip Gruszczyński